Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A Rainy Day in The Valley

I love rainy days. If it's raining and I have nothing urgent to do, I'll hop into the car and go find a place to take pictures. Last week we had a few days like that so I zipped over to Forest Lawn Memorial Park and Mt. Sinai Memorial Park near Burbank, CA.
I don't know what kind of trees these are but isn't their color really great?

If you're wondering where all the gray skies come from on a day like this, we have a gray and cloudy sky plant in Burbank that generates all the gray clouds and gloomy skies we need.

Actually, it's a power plant that's throwing off some steam that happens to be the same color as the clouds, but it sure looks like a cloud plant, doesn't it?

See that cougar sitting quietly at the top of the hill, just to the left of the path? I stood there for about ten minutes hoping he'd go away. As I moved closer I realized it was a baboon that probably escaped from the nearby Los Angeles Zoo. By the time I got close enough for him to pounce and eat me I realized it was a tree stump.

On one of those meandering roads in Mt. Sinai Memorial Park I found this dramatic beauty shot. Reminds me of Monterey. Click on the image to enlarge it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home