Monday, November 13, 2006

Looking for Paintings - Part 1

I was layed off from Disney's on September 16th, so a week later I headed north to investigate a couple of job opportunities, maybe do a little painting and to just get out of Los Angeles for awhile. It's now November 13th and I haven't returned to LA yet. Here's a little photo album of my journey that will appear on my Blog over the next few weeks. I headed up 395 to Tioga Pass and headed west into Yosemite. My plan was to pick up the 5 on the west side of Yosemite and head north again. The last time I was in Yosemite, back in the 70s, they didn't have a park entrance gate at the top of Tioga Pass. If I wanted to go to Mariposa on the west side of the park, I had to pay as if I were going to Yosemite Park. Well since I was paying for it, I decided to make a quick tour of the park to get my money's worth, then head off to Mariposa. Here are just a few photos of Yosemite late in the day - perfect for shadows and strong light and dark patterns.

Toulumne Meadows


El Capitan

A familiar site but always worth another look. Very impressive.

Half Dome

Yosemite Valley looking west, very late in the day

Yosemite Valley agin, still looking west, a different composition











After this I headed for Mariposa, not realizing the road was still being repaired from torrential floods that had done great damage to Yosemite a year or so ago. I must have missed the news. It took about two hours to get there, meandering through 24-hour construction zones and bridge repair crews, sometimes waiting as long as 20 minutes before being allowed to move along.

Next: Up the 5 toward Oregon, still looking for paintings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home