Sunday, July 12, 2009

The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck

In 1992 my old pal Don Rosa was preparing a special edition of his Scrooge McDuck stories under the title The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck. This edition was destined for European publishers, in this case as shown below, Norway and Finland. Since I was the Managing Editor of Disney Comics, and Editor of the comic book Uncle Scrooge Adventures, I guess someone thought I needed to rough out the cover for this book.

This is my rough, dated March 28, 1992.
This is Don Rosa's finished art done shortly after that.


Here's the final printed cover as it appeared in Norway.


And this is the final printed cover as it appeared in Finland.

This material is shown here for informational and educational purposes for fans, historians and students of comic art. All material is Copyright 1992 The Walt Disney Company.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home