Monday, July 13, 2009

Perfect



I posted this last night and thought the title said it all. But in case some of you were wondering if there's a backstory to this, there isn't. It's a post card I bought off of Ebay last year and was so struck by the elegance of the image, the shape of the head and hat, the subtle hand tinting, the beauty of the girl's face, that I had to bid on it. I cleaned it up a little in Photoshop, eliminating all the blotches and scratches on the surface. I did a little research after the posting and dated it to somewhere around 1917 - 1923, according to the stamp on the back. I'd guess the girl is about 20, give or take, which means she'd be at least 100 years old today. The signature on the back looks like Kater. That's about all I can tell you about her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home