Monday, August 10, 2009

Old Postcards

A few years ago I discovered Vintage Postcard and Paper Collectibles shows. First time I went I went nuts. I never realized there were so many wonderful images and so much history to be found on old postcards. Here's a taste. Click on the image to make it bigger.

Don't know the date but isn't this old photo postcard of Amsterdam just great?

Can't find a date on this old photo postcard of Hamburg, either, but I sure love those rubbery old buildings that look all warped and crotchety.

One of these postcards has a hand written note on the back dated 1926. I think these photos pre-date that but there are no further clues. The front of the first card reads: Alt. Cassel, Haus in der Klosterstrasse. The second one is Frankfurt. The third is Strasbourg. Wonderful architecture.

Both of these are Hildesheim, dated 1905 and 1906. Magnificent creatures. They just don't build 'em like that anymore.

1 Comments:

At August 17, 2009 at 11:52 AM, Blogger Jim Mitchell said...

Fantastic detail! I want some

 

Post a Comment

<< Home